Saturday 17 October 2009

They say laughter is the best medicine...

It’s hard to believe that there is still one whole week of British Summer time left – my fingers are so cold I’m pretty sure they’re turning into icicles! So to warm them up I thought I’d type my Michael McIntyre review……..

If you’re a lady and have tickets booked to see funny man Michael McIntyre then I have two words for you…. Tena Lady, because you will pee yourself laughing!

Just watching the number one comedian (in my opinion) skip onto the stage was enough to bring a smile to my face. Something I wasn’t sure would happen seeing as I had made the half an hour walk there in a pair of brand new boots which had well and truly one the battle against my little toes – ouch!

It wasn’t long until that smile turned into an outright belly laugh. It was only that morning that I was modelling/strutting/squatting around in a tiny changing room as I tried on some new jeans. So imagine the hysterics me and my sister were in as he pranced around the stage creating the same poses I had made as he took the micky out of anyone who had ever tried on a pair of trousers. It was great stuff that caused that uncontrollable, can hardly breathe laughter - which is why I was so surprised when my sister turned to me (granted with her hand clenching her stomach, tears rolling down her cheeks, mouth wide open and tonsils on full show) and spurted out
“that’s what you did!”

He made us laugh with jokes about trying on trousers, trying on shoes, doing the hovering, ordering wine in a restaurant and many many more. Though out the show was the sound of hysterical, cheek aching, belly wrenching laughter from everybody in the audience. And that’s the thing I love most about the floppy haired funny man- he makes us chuckle with everyday things that we all do, have done and will no doubt do again!

If I’m honest - Michael McIntyre could tell the most boring, unfunny jokes in the world, but the way he tells them along with all the animated actions will always make the corners of my mouth to curl every time.

If laughter is the best medicine then Michael McIntyre is certainly the number one doctor! My poor little toes certainly didn’t mind the half hour walk back after that concert! He’s a total genius in my book and scores an easy 10/10 from this fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment