Sunday 4 October 2009

Mmmmm, food....

For me Friday night was full of fantastic food, great company and an amazing atmosphere! Since starting my healthy eating plan going out for meals has been a slight no-go, however when my lovely sister decided to treat to a gorgeous 3 course meal at The Plough in Fen Ditton I just couldn’t refuse.

The Plough is a popular restaurant pub with a huge beer garden that overlooks the river Cam which makes it the perfect place to spend those hot summer afternoons! But with it now being October we obviously sat our cold little butts inside.

The waitress gained a lot of brownie points for the fact she offered us drinks as soon as we sat at the table – it wasn’t long til the alcohol was on the table and we were ummming and ahhhing over the menu - there was just too many delish meals on that thing!

The restaurant was filled with the happy buzz of all the other giving a nice relaxing atmosphere. I love these sort of atmospheres as they make it very easy to have those little (and sometimes rude) chats without the whole world hearing hee hee!

A couple of Malibu and cokes had gone down very easily as the starters arrived. I was pretty hungry so it was no surprise that the baked camembert I ordered didn’t last long! It was truly mouth watering and left me gagging for my main.

And the great thing about the service was the meals weren’t rushed, but we weren’t left waiting an age either. So by the time my home made chicken and mushroom pie came I was set to go. The pastry – lovely. The chicken, mushroom and creamy sauce – delish. The seasonal veg – cooked to perfection. The wholegrain mustard mash- exquisite. Yep it was one good meal….. mmmm I could so eat it again right now!

The portion size was nice and big (just the way I like it) so my belly was certainly bulging over the jeans by the end of it. But as we all know, the Good Food Guzzler is never one to quit so my sweet tooth went ahead and ordered the chocolate hazelnut brownie…… with ice cream.

One word, WOW! It felt so wrong but everything about it was oh so right!

Bottom line: The Plough will no doubt have a table booked under the name of Laura Cox sooner rather than later, and if you like your food as much as I do then your name should be down too!

No comments:

Post a Comment